Friday, October 1, 2010

And so the story begins...

Ok, here goes.
So, I am sucked into the computer, addicted to one (ok..two) of those cursed games on Facespace or Mybook...or whatever... when I get a notification about a new post from one of those pages I clicked a button on the sidebar indicating that I "liked" it.
This particular notification was about a post talking about my other addiction: my Blendtec blender.

Now, you have to understand, I love my Blendtec. Not just really really like my Blendtec...I LOVE it. Ask anyone who knows me.
 And I'll admit it... I am passionate (read: I get totally carried away!). I'll make a freaking smoothie for most anyone I meet. And I'll invite you home from Wal-Mart to do so. I'll even bring my Blendtec over to your HOUSE. I have taken it up to the local produce market to show it to the employees (yes, I made smoothies, "ice cream" and soup for them!). I will talk to a total stranger about my blessed machine-friend, even if it frightens them a little that I am so excited to talk to them about it.
 I figure if they are that afraid and don't have the nerve to stop me or walk away, that's their problem.

So I click on the notification, and they have begun talking about...you guessed it...being a Blendtec Junkie.
 OMG...I jump on and make three or four posts, getting actual replies from the Blendtec rep! Well, that just fuels the fire!
Finally, she asks if I blog. Thinking that I have a new fan, I mention that I haven't yet (maybe she will be my first follower??) and that I am not even really sure how to blog.
((Now, thinking back....she may have been asking me to ramble somewhere else....lol. No, seriously...))

So this really nice lady, who turns out to be a really cool Jazz (real, old-school jazzy-bluesy) Singer, Artist, Actress and Writer, offers to friend me and give me some tips on blogging. I look around... at her YouTube vidoes and her website and realize she is all the way over on the other side of the country. How cool is THAT? I mean, here I am making friends with someone so far away...and to think I fought being on this social networking site for so long.
 Now I'm addicted to two silly online games (ok...three), making friends with someone across the country (and thinking about taking my next vacation to Hollywood so I can go catch her show live), and now BLOGGING for goodness sake!

And all because of a shared love with a blessed machine that sits on it's throne by the sink...my Blendtec!
A shared love, with a really nice lady from across the country... I know first hand she is helpful and supportive. I know from her own blog a bit about her history, and that she is loving, strong, spunky, funny, and best of all... human.
I know from her website (and YouTube) she is talented, with a sexy, sultry voice that moves me (isn't that the very definition of "Art"?)
But she doesn't know me...
yet...
She helped me (and all those who wished I'd take my ramblings somewhere else) by introducing me to blogging.

Ummm...has she any idea the monster she just unleased??
MUAHAhahahahahahaha!!! 
(Thanks Mary!)

No comments:

Post a Comment